Thursday, February 18, 2010

Puzzling it Out

One of the really beautiful things about yoga for me, is that it makes everything into a metaphor for life:

-Increase your flexibility in a pose... increase the flexibility of your mind and your ability to accept impermanence.

-Focus on alignment of your bones and muscles in class... have an insight about the alignment of your values, thoughts and actions in life.

On January 1st I started a 2,000-piece puzzle of Van Gogh's Cafe Terrace at Night

I also spent time (since it was the beginning of the new year) setting goals and intentions, and generally putting pressure on myself to know what I need to be doing; the next steps in my life.

The irony of that hit me as I was trying to fall asleep one night, and visions of puzzle pieces danced in my head.

So you have a puzzle, and you have a general idea of what it's going to look like, but it only gets revealed one piece at a time. Sections become clear bit by bit, and you simply have to trust that all the pieces will fit together eventually to make a beautiful picture.

So relax Ali :)

"Let go of the life you imagined, to live the life that is waiting for you."
- Joseph Campbell

No comments: