Sunday, July 12, 2009

....and Sometimes Plans Change

I haven't written in a while. I've had a bit of a hard time.

The plans I had to come to work this summer with an old friend/lover fell through in a heartbreaking way. So I've been mending my heart and figuring out new directions to walk.

I was warmly welcomed back into my Dad and Stepmom's home which made all the difference. I had gone up to the place where I was to work and it became clear that it was not where I was supposed to be for the summer. So I came back to Guelph.

One month goes along and some ups and downs, but generally I am doing well these days. I am volunteering with an organization that turns unused urban backyards into organic vegetables for a CSA. I am working food prep at a raw food cafe.

My home hosts a musical jam every Tuesday and I am remembering my singing voice and my drumming hands... as well as exploring the other creative avenues artsy Guelph has to offer, making some new friends and reconnecting with old ones.

A friend reminded me that while I was in Thailand, one of the biggest draws to come back to Canada was the summer produce. Fresh spring greens, first strawberries, tart rhubarb, fat raspberries, late-summer peaches...whatever else has happened, in this I have not been disappointed.

No comments: