Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Plan



If you've talked to me recently, you know I've been in a state of what-should-I-do-with-my-life-next, and it was causing me a little stress.


It wasn't even what-should-I-do-with-the-rest-of-my-life; I would never tempt the universe that much (the universe loves to laugh at my plans when I think I've "got it all figured out").


I was tempted to stay in Asia (maybe S. Korea or Taiwan?) and teach English, but my lungs thought that was a terrible idea, so I'm taking them on a vacation back to clean, beautiful Northern Ontario!


I'll be making some stops along the way, though. Here's the plan for the next few months - please join me if you're so inclined/located:


March 4 - 18: Bali

March 19 - 28: Peninsular Malaysia & Borneo

March 29 - April 8: Southern Thailand (mostly Islands... I'm thinking Koh Pangyan & Phang Nga)

April 9 - 18: Back to Chiang Mai for Songkran Fesitval (Thai New Year)

April 19 - May 8: Vientiane & Luang Prabang, Laos then Angor Wat & Phnom Penh, Cambodia

May 8 - 16ish: Back in Chiang Mai to gather my things

May 16 - 30: Vero Beach & Gainesville, Florida

May 31: Fly to Ontario... work in Muskoka for the summer with Jordan, swim in lakes, look at stars, breathe clean air...


After this I'm not sure, but I have applied for a yoga volunteer program with the Kripalu Center in Western Massachusetts for September - December. I would work there (chopping vegetables or raking leaves or something) 35 hours/week and live there essentially for free and take part in any of the programs (yoga classes and workshops) that I can when I'm not working.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAAY!!! This means road trip to Montréal to visit Sandy, or road trip to Northern Ontario to visit Ali. =DDD

Ali said...

Heck yeah!!
I love Montreal, but the place I'll be is so beautiful that I think you might want to come visit me ;)

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.