Sunday, November 16, 2008

Missing Fall


This week we had a cold snap, and it has felt quite autumn-y in the evening and at night (despite still being 85F/29C during the afternoon). The shadows are a little longer, the light a little more golden, and there's a cool breeze that makes me crave hoodies, pumpkin pie and apple cider. All this has left me missing Fall, and so in the spirit of honoring life cycles and the earth's seasons, my goal for the week was to celebrate Fall. To me fall is squash and cranberries, apples and cinnamon, golden fields and early sunsets, but I'm looking for some new ways to get into Fall. So how do you celebrate Fall? What does this season mean to you? Do you have any beautiful Fall pictures you want to send me to make me jealous?

I was so desperate for Fall leaves, I downloaded this for my desktop wallpaper:


2 comments:

Sandy said...

I have some fall pictures you should check out! Click [HURR] It's my last album on Facebook, "MontrĂ©al Fall ♥♥♥" Just in case the link doesn't work... ;) I'm anxiously awaiting your letterrrrrr =D ♥

Anonymous said...

Go directly to Winter, do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

That's the way it's been this year. Earliest snowfall ever!