Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Perfect Trip to Florida

While it was short, it gave me all my favorite things:


sunrise over the atlantic, and swimming in the ocean


the smell of orange blossoms carried on hot, wet air after an intense spring thunderstorm


azaleas blooming all over the place


krishna lunch and all my favorite people in gainesville (quite amazing: in 24 hours I saw pretty much everyone I know that still lives in Gainesville - without a phone and without really making any effort, it all just came together)


I sat on the Plaza of the Americas for about 2 hours and people cycled through as classes ended and began... listened to kirtan and lay in the sun. It was great to meet some of the new trip leaders and hang out with old ones, and know that TRiP is in good hands.


a visit to the Lake Jackson Marsh for painting with my mom, some gator sightings (it's mating season)



as well as my aunt's birthday lunch, opera with my grandma, a lecture by Jim Leher, cooking for my mom and grandma, and a good solid dose of love and perspective on the world...

All in all, a very successful trip.

~


and now.... because I heart irony:


I saw this on the way to the marsh



allow me to zoom in on those two signs



well, I suppose they did fail to specify what it was destined for...

1 comment:

Kate F said...

wish it had been named "Community of Eternity" and then had the closed sign. I love happening upon irony too. Miss you Ali!