Saturday, October 25, 2008

The rest of the world has it Backwards


So you know how the rest of the world works 5 days a week and takes 2 days off? Well I've decided that's backwards; I got my teaching schedule the other day and I work Tuesdays and Fridays. Yep, and then I have 5 days off :) 

I love my life.

(okay so that's a slight exaggeration, I tutor on the off days to make enough money, but I only work two days at my real job)

I've been back at school for a week and this semester is great so far, I have a conversation class (as opposed to just writing and grammar) and it's really fun, my students are all really into the class and have a pretty good level of English!
I also have the 2nd semester continuation of courses I taught last semester and several of my favorite students have switched up their schedules to come be in my section (I'm really flattered!) so that's fun. 

Here are some pictures from the party I had with my favorite class at the end of last semester. I told them they should "bring in some snacks or something" and we ended up with like 4 desks covered in Thai snacks and desserts so I got to try lots of things I never would have experimented with on my own (like salted dried mango, tamarind candies, dried squid snax, shrimp rice crackers, etc....)!

Hmm, this tastes funny...

No comments: